“We only show our best when we are really challenged”. –Ian Bremmer (political scientist)
I’m a concept artist with multiple careers paths that I’ve traversed upon in the past, ranging from art to code. My background is in studio arts, and coding was an artform on the periphery which I delved deep into, but I surfaced back again into drawing and painting. A superb day of relaxation involves a sketch outdoors, an hour in a figure drawing class, drawing in a coffeeshop, a bit of massage, a delectable lunch, probably Japanese, and good company.
As much as I love drawing and sketching, I also get an immense satisfaction out of gardening. That includes habitat restoration, and I try to encourage ecosystems to flourish in which the soil food chain eventually takes care of any undesirable insects abounding in creepy swaths.
I also love to travel and explore, and am intrigued and inspired by my surroundings, whether it be the mood created with various lighting, architecture, or hole-in-the-wall restaurants; it all feeds into a creative energy that I direct towards my work.
2015 – present Freelance Concept Artist and Illustrator.
2013 – 2014 Illustrator & UI Designer. Brilliant.org.
2011 – 2013 Senior Designer. IDEO.
2010 – 2011 Flash Developer. R/GA.
2008 – 2010 Artist in Residence. Fabrica.
2005 – 2007 Flash Developer. MTV Networks.
2008 Teaching Assistant, IUAV University of Venice.
2006 Instructor, Pratt Institute.
2001 Editorial Illustrator. University of Pittsburgh.
Exhibitions, Workshops, Lectures, Hackathons, and Publications.
– Earthquake relief auction at the Unicef and Diners Club at the Sucre National Theatre in Quito, 2016
– Third place at TypeHack: A Typography Hackathon, the Hattery, San Francisco, CA, 2014.
– Mostra 3M de Arte Digital exhibition, Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2011
– Publication in Il Mostra 3M De Arte Digital, 2011
– Award for Most Innovative, Hackathon for NYC.gov, New York City, August 2011.
– Colors of Money, Expo Carre de Rotondes Luxembourg, 2009
– ZXZW – Independent Culture, Tilburg, Netherlands, 2008
– Interactivos? Technologies of Laughter, Mexico City, Mexico, 2008
– Dorkbot – CD Mexico Presentation, Mexico City, Mexico, 2008
– Interactivos? workshop, Madrid, Spain, 2008
– Award for the MTV Movie Awards Encyclopedia, Creativity Annual 2007.
– Conflux Festival, New York, 2007 ￼
– Thesis, Shiftscape, Parsons School of Design, 2005
2015 – 2018 Environment Design program, CGMA.
2002 – 2005 MFA in Design and Technology, Parsons School of Design, NYC.
1998 – 2002 BA in Studio Arts, University of Pittsburgh.